Home Forums Other Ba Da Boom…

This topic contains 45 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Drift 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

jacjak
    Participant

Such a great video! So nice to just click to see it, no going to youtube.

Anyone figure what the count of each post is about?

Read the Guidelines. And while we’ve been fairly ‘broad’ in content or interaction in the Forum’s last incarnation, reading these new ones seem confining in what can be talked about when, where, and how a comment is phrased. We’d ALL have been booted about 20 times based on how these guidelines, and how they’re interpreted by whoever is moderating. Maybe I didn’t read the previous guidelines, and they’re just the same. Tho sticking to subject may be tough, with all the segued topics we’d had previous. Factoring in syndromes and sensitivities of the commenters themselves, it may get interesting, with who can say what about someone’s POV or subject. People debate, and that’s what I think we did. Guess we’ll just have to resume where we left off and go from there. tho don’t know how we’ll deal with it. Goldenoldie needs to clock in, she’s the anti PC person.

jacjak
    Participant

Such a great video! So nice to just click to see it, no going to youtube.

Anyone figure what the count of each post is about?

I read the Guidelines. And while we’ve been fairly ‘broad’ in content or interaction in the Forum’s last incarnation, reading these new ones seem confining in what can be talked about when, or where, and how a comment is delivered. We’d ALL have been booted about 20 times based on these guidelines, and how they’re interpreted by whoever is moderating. Maybe I didn’t read the previous guidelines, and they’re just the same. Sticking to subject may be tough, considering all the segued topics we’ve had previous. Factoring in various syndromes and sensitivities of the commenters ourselves, it may get interesting, with who can say what about someone’s POV or subject. People debate, and that’s what I think we did. Guess we’ll just have to resume where we left off and go from there. tho don’t know how we’ll deal with it. Goldenoldie needs to clock in, she’s the anti PC person.

roger
    Participant

Now we’re together nearly every single day
    Singin’, “Do wah diddy diddy, dum diddy do”
    We’re so happy and that’s how we’re gonna stay
    Singin’, “Do wah diddy diddy, dum diddy do”

Hawk
    Participant

Love Manfred Mann, Blinded By The Light, an all time fave. Even though it was written by Springsteen.

jacjak
    Participant

Not sure if this comment should go in ‘politics’ or ‘other’, but I seriously like your newest avatar, Hawk! Will these Forum choices could shred my brain – \~/\!/\~/\!/\~/\!/\~/

Hawk
    Participant

You are welcome to steal it, I stole it from someone else.

dee little
    Participant

yes.

Drift
    Participant

Adios.
    In a few hours I’ll be rolling out headed to Forest Grove. There, I’ll be living in a tent ’til Sunday hanging out with Gator, Stone and Fred. It’s the annual PNW Crew gather!

I feel a hangover coming on ;^)

nailingit
    Participant

Drift

Hope you bring back a story or two. Be safe!

Hawk
    Participant

nailingit
    Participant

Hawk

Morgan is quite the conundrum. One of my favorite actors of all time. Although he would have made a great politician, as he showcases the ability to speak from one side of his mouth to the other without pause.

nailingit
    Participant

Morgan preaches indifference as opposed to acceptance, as a way to bridge the racial divide. Until we accept one another for who we are, doesn’t that make indifference impossible?

nailingit
    Participant

He’s got my vote.

Hawk
    Participant

There’s a difference between “who” we are and “what” we are.If you can be indifferent to “what” we are and look at who we are, I think it could work. I like his take on “black history month”. The more you point out the differences, the more different you are.

nailingit
    Participant

Hawk

I also agree with his take on Black history month. There is a societal balance to this. It’s unfortunate we have this ever present cloud hanging. But a cloud it is. (At least it’s no longer a hurricane) It takes time to reconcile centuries of history, with a sense of equality I suppose.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.