Home Forums Other BASEMENT

This topic contains 3,124 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Hawk 1 day, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 3,125 total)
  • Author

luvithere
    Participant

Now I am going to watch Jon Steward tonight for the last ever show.

Hawk
    Participant

Going to miss Jon Stewart, always good stuff. As for Madore, who knows what kind of things we will see due to a lost bid for king. Maybe he’ll punish us and NOT build his East county bridge.

BTW, I’ll change my avatar as soon as ALL the votes are counted and we are safe.

jacjak
    Participant

I didn’t register with Gravatar either, tho having an avatar may be interesting, and now that it’s on WordPress and not following the FB forum, may do so. Just downloaded Windows 10 to this hated Windows 8.1 computer. Seems my capacity for dealing with electronic learning curves is limited to one at a time, or as in most cases, not at all. So far ok on the W10.

jacjak
    Participant

Hawk @ 6:33 a.m.

Safe?! But, will we *ever* be safe? Apparently the post office just found about a 1000 more ballots. Didn’t that happen last time, too? And, the ‘found’ ballots put Benton over Carrier, and Benton over Probst, and Wilson over…. no, Wilson always was a few votes ahead of Stonier. I’m with you, will celebrate after all changes of a shift are past. In the meantime, waiting for a tricky shoe to drop…

Hawk
    Participant

Ya can’t trust him, I say! He’s a weasel of the worst kind. (feeling a little “country” tonight)

Anyway, it’s just another wait and see game. Guess we have to wait until Monday for the “official” word. Not worth losing sleep over. If I had some Madore signs, I’d go target shooting.

Hawk
    Participant

Luvit, from the weird and weirder- (actually from Ripley’s)

As part of an official government program, Drunks in Berlin Germany will soon be silently chastised by mimes acting out the consequences of overindulging.

nailingit
    Participant

dee little
    Participant

if this were the NYT, classification of each post would be great.

this ain’t the NYT

nailingit
    Participant

For some folk, the sky is never the right shade of blue..

luvithere
    Participant

Agree with Dee. Still missing real conversations. Nails, I just don’t believe making new topics for every thought gets us there.
    Of course, I am Still waiting for help from John. Another reason I am sparse here.
    Hope all stay cool. Done with heat and most certainly done with fire danger. Never seen it look so dry here.

jacjak
    Participant

Yep, tedious, no doubt about it. Still, this seems to be one of the ‘last great bastions’ (ok, that’s kind of a stretch) by all the same commenters on a variety of subjects. Sort of reminds me of the ‘olden days’ when conversing with others digitally was as new as…well, computers in every home. It’s just not done anywhere anymore, at least where there are TOS that mean more than a cup of beans. We can keep it neat and subject related, or we can pick some ‘Other’ and create our own format. Just like AOL’s chat rooms. As so many comments seem to be relevant only to others of like tastes, it’s not easy picking a druthers but I, for one, miss the contributions of Dee, luvit, and those who ‘went away for good’, and I’m flexible (just ask the ex’s, hehe).

dee little
    Participant

thanks JJ…honestly didn’t think anybody would notice.

still really suffering b/cause of my meds being screwed by obamacare. insurance commissioner says at least three more weeks.

hope my MD can keep me functioning that long with what he’s been given to work with (ignore his training & experience and only concentrate on what he can get past the death panels.)

dee little
    Participant

FWIW… i miss y’all and those who aren’t posting anymore, too. usta look fwd to my daily visits to the basement.

luvithere
    Participant

Sorry about the medical troubles, Dee. Hope it gets resolved soon. But I doubt it’s due to any death panels. Thanks to certain ACA requirements, I get meds free now. I barely paid anything before anyway, always less than ten bucks for three months supply, but now nothing. That’s an ACA provision that kicked in this year. Got that straight from my very very good insurance. I do have one, however, that I get to pick up monthly, not every three months. Why? Because the FDA ruled so. No rhyme, nor reason, just because. No street value, nothing to get addicted to, no reSon to do so. Blame them, because I have noticed them screwing up majorly. Anything pain related seems to be so strictly regulated that patients need to get prescriptions over and over for a refill. All this fear that we become either addicted over night or sell them on the street. What they approve to get on the market and what we are allowed to get – good thing I am not a conspiracy nut or I would start wondering why. For now, I just feel FDA attracts idiots.

dee little
    Participant

LUV:
    note: kinda long, may wanna skip
    glad it’s working for you.

i take a med that’s $10/capsule. have for decades. no problem until january, when BO/BS hijacked my insurance, health and freedom with that…thing.

had enough of the med until august. called for refill. later, got call back from pharmacy. first words were, “They’ve done it to you again”. ins company had cancelled my coverage and back-dated it to 6/30/15.

called my pols and was sent to insurance commissioner’s office. filed complaint.

i’ve lost other meds because they didn’t meet the new law’s requirements. i had one med, they declined to pay because of the dosage. said it wasn’t ‘FDA approved’. WENT TO THE FDA WEBSITE, to the prescribing info, found my dose, called the ins co back and had to argue with them that the med did, IN FACT, meet their ‘new’ requirement.

so this is the new death panel: throw off old disabled people with costly meds and see which ones stick. oh, and drag out the appeals process so long that lack of needed meds solves their problem for them

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 3,125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.