Home Forums Politics Candidates keep it interesting

This topic contains 71 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Drift 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author

Hawk
    Participant

Vanwa;

“. I like when you say Token Rt wing Black candidate. At least the Rep have had Black Candidates run, why are you so hateful near I say Bigoted as well, can’t candidates declare for whatever race without having the other party mention race as a negative…The R have the most diverse group of candidates I’ve ever seen in my lifetime..Let me see the Dems have 3 OL White Folk running, yeah they know how it feels to be poor and missing a paycheck here and there, oh and had to pay for their own Education and “Repay” it themselves.., Yeah the Dems are the peeps Party.. BORING”

You do realize Obama is BLACK, don’t you? You really have lost your mind.

nailingit
    Participant

Maybe Obama doesn’t count as being black. Seeing how he’s not a US natural born citizen. They just think of him as being .. ‘different’ .. or Kenyan.

I wonder if the Donald, if elected, wold bring the full powers of Homeland Security, the CIA, and FBI down on the state of Hawaii to get to the bottom of what really happened some 54 years ago. Who was it that looked into the future and falsified Obama’s birth records in the local paper? Was it a liberal soothsayer? JFK’s father? Who altered them in 2007? Don Ho as he lay dying in Waikiki? Who messed with the Microfiche? Dory?

vanwa – What say you?

nailingit
    Participant

“Whether the RNC denounces him is another story, the numbers will pretty much fallout as the number of candidates shrink. Who knows maybe even another R candidate emerges.”
    vanwadreamer August 31, 2015 at 11:21 am

You got your wish vanwa! You might have to wait four years, but what the hell. Write him in for 2016. Just like Pike!

(Republicans. They are sooo enamored with celebrities.)

-Meet the Republican Who Launched the ‘Ready for Kanye’ PAC-

‘A party that can openly accept Donald Trump has room for Kanye West,’ says Ready for Kanye founder Eugene Craig

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/meet-the-guy-who-just-launched-the-kanye-for-president-pac-20150831#ixzz3kSOIg5BO
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

vanwadreamer
    Participant

NAIL,

Never said I endorsed the DON. You may think that, That’s your right under the Constitution.. But WTH what do DEms know about the Constitution. Right now the Dems are a Wing it Party. Throw it up against the wall and see if it Sticks. There whole stick this time around is samo, samo..That hasn’t worked for 8 years but hey they think that by pandering to Minorities and women they will win. Maybe they will, but what does that say about the rest of the voters. Says if you have more than a high school education you most likely vote R, Say if your in a married HH the HH votes 68% R. But what the Dems want people to think is the R are keeping or suppressing the upward mobility of the poor. That is as far fetched as can be..
    Obama is Black, you mean he is African-American.. That is the PC term these days. You never addressed your Dem Candidates for Pres.. What is their Platform and their experience and Panache. Between Bernie and Hilary , you could wring them both out they are so BORING, like a wet warm dish rag IMHO. So the Dems are hedging there bets between 3 Folks total age almost 300 and none of them in touch with today’s world. Huh, That sounds like a plan… Look at the energy of your candidates and compare that with lets say the top 5 R.. Yikes.. Who’s gonna win those debates… And oh Yeah OL Biden, better keep him away from the Jack long enough to last 2 hrs of debating if he enters the race. OH the last caveat, The DNP has endorsed BLack Lives Matters Platform, even after 2 assassinations of White Police Officers by African Americans… Now that’s a group I want to be backing and be a part of…What is this world coming too…

luvithere
    Participant

I honestly posted early this morning but somehow the post did not make it. Let’s see if this does.
    Vanwa, the earlier post was in response to your last one but now it fits even better.
    I got quite a high education and a high income, but guess what? I ain’t voting for the clowns of the GOP. And what is catering and pandering to women, eh? Should I be “cherished” by a dude like Trump, or be condescended to by the likes of Huckabee? How about some respect instead? Not going to happen with any of them.
    And your posts seem awfully rambling with typically one point to make: Obama blabla.
    Get a grip, deal with reality. Most of the GoOP candidates seem to wish for the 50s again. No thanks.

jacjak
    Participant

lovithere
    Yeah, I wrote a comment too but deleted it. Too many negative adjectives. Those who only say slurs and put-downs are not after any sort of exchange, so they must be after a negative response. They say nothing, no discourse, no explanation or reasoning, no actual sharing their own opinions. Not sure what the point is for doing it, but sure there’s a word for it in psychology.

Haven’t heard too much about Huckabee, what with all the focus on trump. The political cartoonists are having a field day.

nailingit
    Participant

vanwa

“Obama is Black, you mean he is African-American.. That is the PC term these days.”

You might want to dial up ‘Black Lives Matter’ with your update.

…and who or what is the “DNP”?

(to be continued…)

Hawk
    Participant

You funny, vanwa. Bernie is boring? You’re not paying attention.

nailingit
    Participant

I saw a snippet of JOE giving a speech this morning wearing a yamaka. I don’t think he’s running. And if he is, maybe he shouldn’t. He sounded defeated and unsure of himself when talking about a possible Prez run. Joe wears his emotions on his sleeve, and his sleeve said he is still shaken to the core over his son’s death.

He’s been a great public servant. Not perfect, but we need more politicians like Joe in the game.

nailingit
    Participant

Republicans…

-28 Republican Men Threaten Government Shutdown Over Planned Parenthood-

WASHINGTON — A group of 28 House Republican lawmakers, all men, are pledging to do everything in their power to defund Planned Parenthood this fall, even it means shutting down the federal government in protest. 

In a letter circulated this summer by Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-S.C.), the congressmen pledged to vote against any bill that funds the federal government if it includes money for Planned Parenthood. Congress must fund the government by Sept. 30 to avoid a shutdown.

“We must act to fully defund Planned Parenthood,” the letter says. “Please know that we cannot and will not support any funding resolution – an appropriations bill, an omnibus package, a continuing resolution, or otherwise – that contains any funding for Planned Parenthood, including mandatory funding streams.”

The lawmakers cited a series of heavily edited undercover videos that show Planned Parenthood doctors discussing the donation of fetal tissue for medical research after abortions. The anti-abortion group that circulated the videos claims that the family planning provider is selling fetal parts for profit, although multiple state investigations into that claim have come up with nothing. 

Planned Parenthood receives about $500 million in government funding, mostly through Medicaid and a federal family planning program. The money is used to subsidize birth control, cancer screenings and other women’s health services. The longstanding Hyde Amendment prevents any federal funds from being used to pay for abortions, but Republicans have been trying to defund Planned Parenthood over its abortion services since 2011.

The current fight over Planned Parenthood funding has divided the GOP. While Republican leaders in the House and Senate are hoping to avoid a government shutdown over Planned Parenthood funding — because the GOP would likely absorb most of the blame for it — the conservative voices in both chambers are growing louder. As Mulvaney’s letter continues to gain signatures, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is leading the effort on the Senate side to hold up the must-pass federal budget bill in a bid to defund the family planning provider. 

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) waved the white flag on the Planned Parenthood fight last week, conceding that Republicans don’t have the votes to defund the organization this year. But if enough Republicans sign on to Mulvaney’s pledge and stand their ground in the fall, the House could potentially stall the government funding bill on its own. 

“If we shut down government, it will be because you have willful Republicans who are prepared to take the government hostage to attain their ends,” House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) told reporters on Tuesday. “It will not be a stumble; it will be a considered objective, and a number of them have said so publicly.”  

The 28 Republicans threatening a shutdown are Reps. Mulvaney, Jim Jordan (Ohio), John Fleming (La.), Raúl Labrador (Idaho), Matt Salmon (Ariz.), Tim Huelskamp (Kan.), Jeff Duncan (S.C.), Thomas Massie (Ky.), Trey Gowdy (S.C.), Walter Jones (N.C.), Curt Clawson (Fla.), Jim Bridenstine (Okla.), Keith Rothfus (Pa.), Randy Weber (Texas), Scott Perry (Pa.), Steven Pearce (N.M.), Trent Franks (Ariz.), Louie Gohmert (Texas), Ted Yoho (Fla.), Jody Hice (Ga.), David Rouzer (N.C.), Dave Brat (Va.), Mark Meadows (N.C.), Scott DesJarlais (Tenn.), Mark Walker (N.C.), Brian Babin (Texas), David Schweikert (Ariz.), and Trent Kelly (Miss.). 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republican-men-planned-parenthood_55ef4bebe4b002d5c07717b5?utm_hp_ref=politics

“Another speaker followed the former Arkansas governor with prayer, proclaiming, “We don’t need the Supreme Court when we have the Supreme Being!””

-Kim Davis Released From Jail Before Defiant Crowd-

WASHINGTON — Kim Davis, the Kentucky county clerk who defied a federal court order to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, emerged from jail on Tuesday and was greeted by hundreds of jubilant supporters carrying flags, crosses and signs, one of which read, “Supreme Court = The new ISIS of America.”

Davis left the Carter County Detention Center with lawyer Mathew Staver, who had his arm around his crying client. She was also flanked by GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, who has become one of her most vocal supporters.

“She loves God, she loves people, she loves her work, and she will not betray any of those three,” Staver told reporters outside the facility.

U.S. District Judge David Bunning released Davis after five of her six deputies began issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. (The lone holdout is Davis’ son.) As part of her release, Bunning warned that Davis may not interfere with the duties of her deputy clerks.

Asked by reporters on Tuesday whether Davis will comply with this condition, Staver said only that she “cannot and will not violate her conscience.”

Huckabee praised Davis for showing “more courage than any politician I know” and offered rhetorically to bear any punishment in her place.

“If somebody needs to go to jail, I’m willing to go in her place,” he said.

The main event Tuesday, however, was a pro-Davis rally — which had some marriage equality supporters counter-protesting as well. Huckabee and Staver quickly went to the staging area after leaving the detention center and greeted Davis’ supporters.

“Kim Davis is free!” declared Huckabee to loud cheers.

Another speaker followed the former Arkansas governor with prayer, proclaiming, “We don’t need the Supreme Court when we have the Supreme Being!”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kim-davis-jail-huckabee_55ef258be4b093be51bc5dcc

Drift
    Participant

I opened my voting ballot, but now I can’t find my steel tipped darts! It’s always something … sigh.

Drift
    Participant

Now that I’ve looked at the thing (ballot), I think I’ll be waiting to look for those darts — advisories and amendments! Oh My!

I’m thinking I’ll be hitting the books first. Sure, the ballot gives me a quick synopsis of the issues, but I haven’t a clue what the history is with some of it.

Voting is hard.
    At least it’s not like math.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.