Home Forums Other Is Nutella evil?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  roger 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

John Hill
    Keymaster

Apparently, the palm oil used to make Nutella is a leading culprit in deforestation. France is worried since the chocolatey hazelnut spread is one of the world’s most heavily-used condiments. See this story: https://munchies.vice.com/articles/france-is-concerned-that-nutella-is-destroying-the-world

Butch
    Participant

Nutella doesn’t kill trees. People kill trees.

Hawk
    Participant

Can’t stand the stuff. Give me good old fashioned peanutbutter.

nailingit
    Participant

Wish I would have purchased Nutella stock years ago. Who could have predicted it would become the national food dish of France? Crazy!

fous peuple fran├žais!

jacjak
    Participant

I like it on graham crackers. Fantastic on a bagel w/ cream cheese. Tried it on celery… just once (blah), and think it ok on things like waffles. A bit sweet but one of these days I’m going to try Nutella cookies.

roger
    Participant

Don’t eat the stuff. And I was going to note that those French are world class spoilsports – guess they didn’t learn their lesson when we banned french fries. But then those little warning bells went off and I did some checking. Before we get too wrapped up with Nutella, check this link for a list of other products that use the stuff – things you wouldn’t begin to consider, like Colgate toothpaste.

And then I went elsewhere and discovered Cheez-Its also use palm oil. Uh… We have enough orangs in zoos, don’t we?

roger
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.