Home Forums County Government None Of The Above

This topic contains 70 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Hawk 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author

nailingit
    Participant

Is Light Rail the Bridge he promised to build? – ALL ABOARD – from Camas to Longview? Will he build a Longview home?

luvithere
    Participant

Where did you hear this interesting tidbit? Could we be so lucky and have pouty boy leave us?

nailingit
    Participant

Reliably unreliable resources luvit.

On another matter..

Quite the show our local GOP is putting on! It doesn’t get much better.

Fun to watch and it’s free!

Most conservatives seem to be emotionally driven, and like nothing more than to simply watch something burn.

PyroPubs?

roger
    Participant

Just to change the focus a bit, I’m just amazed how the good folks at the Cs and Gs site are busy tearing up on Lew Waters, but have decided to embrace Carolyn Craine as something of a hero for standing up to Berrigan and crowd. Lew has been down on those clowns for the past few years, and dropped out of the club because of their takeover.

jacjak
    Participant

Guess I’ll need to check out LW. Haven’t had any real urge to give his site a hit-count to read much of what he has to say since he accused Monica Stonier of coping off Julie Olson’s something or other form or paper. He had to have gone through film footage frame by frame to find just the right shot. He did have an amazing amount of links tho, not sure if he still does. Unsure what the ‘C’ and ‘G’ sites are. Columbian, right? But what’s the ‘G’?

roger
    Participant

CCCGG – Clark County Citizens for Good Governance – or C3G2, as is popularly used.

Some yahoo writing an LTE in today’s paper ties Monica Stonier to all the Repubs, claiming she helped kill the CRC. She did vote against funding it (though the measure still passed in the House, and Repubs claimed this was a ploy to maintain her electability here in the 17th). I spoke with her on this topic when she ran the first time, and we agreed the real problem with the CRC was the impact it would have on the working “poor” who have to commute to Oregon – those $3.50+ tolls each way during the normal workday were going to be a killer for way too many. However, she always stated something needed to be done to deal with the I5 bridge as a priority. And if you look at her total performance and voting record, she was the best this area has produced in quite a while. I hope she goes for Benton’s seat, and the local Dem party supports her.

luvithere
    Participant

Roger, I would support her. Her reasoning behind the bridge sounds right to me.
    I am currently totally flabbergasted by the antics of the local GOP. Have these folks lost their collective minds? Voting to stand against two candidates that made it through primary? Writing in Liz Pike? Any thought left in there? What happened to the will of the voters? Granted, voter turnout was pathetic, but they had their chance. Just boggles the mind to see how utterly idiotic they have become.

Hawk
    Participant

Luvit, those PCOs are crazy in love with Dave and Berrigan, the two ringleaders of the local party. Well, at least 46 of them that showed up to the party the other night. They all got sucked into Berrigan’s idea and went along with him as Crain and 10 or so others walked out in protest. Katie at the “C” was there and tweeted the happenings. It was a real eye opener.

nailingit
    Participant

http://blogs.columbian.com/all-politics-is-local/pike-and-boldt-share-political-sin-in-common/

At first I thought, how weird Katie G from the C would bring Hinton’s name into the picture. From the minutes (I’ll never get back) of viewing the KJ blog, what other blog does better to bring to light the divisiveness, name calling, and vapid conservative thought in Clark County republicans? Lew comments once in awhile and tries to prop it up, even writes articles pertaining to it, but … no one reads it or seems to care, why bring it up? A relative is, relative?

Hmmm..

Does anyone think, that given their history, LouB would allow Hinton’s name to be used in a junior reporters blog without his permission, or it being his idea? My bet is Lou remembered the quotes Katie used and, “passed” them on.

Lou is baiting, using his fave new reporter to stir it up and create news, like any unbiased editor of a small, only game in town newspaper would do, right? 🙂

Meanwhile, the two blog heads can’t see it coming, for the want of being relevant.

I’m not sure what’s more entertaining. Local politics or the local paper.

It’s all entertainment.

Drift
    Participant

Here’s an interesting campaign strategy for ya (paraphrase), “Vote for me and I’ll dump the Don.”

http://www.columbian.com/news/2015/sep/10/bentons-department-may-be-under-threat/#

Hawk
    Participant

He’s got my vote!

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.