Home Forums Other X-FILES

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nailingit 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

nailingit
    Participant

Retired Air Force Colonel Claims New Evidence Will Blow The Lid Off Rendlesham UFO Sighting
    Officer says Air Force encountered “some type of superior intelligence” that could “change size, change shape.”

Lee Speigel
    Writer, reporter, editor
    Posted: 07/21/2015 | Edited: 07/21/2015 10:12 PM EDT

A retired Air Force colonel says he has new evidence to throw light on one of the most notorious UFO reports in history — the 1980 sighting near the Bentwaters Royal Air Force Base in the UK.

Col. Charles Halt has collected sworn statements from air traffic controllers, on duty in 1980 at Bentwaters. They tell him that they witnessed a UFO on radar performing incredible aerial maneuvers. And they were afraid of talking about this until they retired.

On Dec. 27, 1980, unusual lights were seen by military personnel in the Rendlesham Forest, located between dual bases RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge. Several witnesses say they saw fast-moving objects in the sky, in addition to a reported landing of a triangular craft in a clearing.

When the encounters continued into a second night, Halt, deputy base commander at Bentwaters, leading a group into the forest, experienced part of the unexplained light show for himself, including an unknown object moving through trees and appearing to drip a molten substance (as depicted in the illustration at the top of this story).

In addition to a tape recording Halt made as the UFO sightings unfolded, he also filed the following report in which he describes a laser-like beam of light streaming from one UFO down to the ground where he and his men were standing:

Halt — pictured below in 1981 — told The Huffington Post that what he and the others experienced in the forest was under intelligent control.

“The military has nothing to do with it, other than the cover-up, but I can tell you, there is some type of superior intelligence that can change size, change shape, do funny things. What I saw, I’m firmly convinced, didn’t have anything that we know or could relate to, inside it. Maybe they’re not a being as we know, maybe they’re an entity that just has intelligence, and we just can’t relate to it.”

Halt says he eventually obtained signed sworn statements, after many years, from air traffic controllers who were on duty during the 1980 Bentwaters events.

“They saw the object go across their scope — a 60-mile scope — in two or three seconds. Thousands of miles an hour,” he told the BBC. “It came back across their scope again, stopped near the water tower. They observed it. They watched it go over into the forest where we were.”

It was only after years passed and the air traffic controllers retired that they decided to tell Halt about what they saw on their radar scope in 1980. “They told me that they knew anytime an air traffic controller reported a UFO, they got de-certified. So they said nothing.”

Watch this BBC video of Halt’s account:

We previously reported how Halt accused the U.S. government of covering up UFO information, and he believes there’s a top secret agency that’s in charge of anything to do with possible extraterrestrial visits to Earth.

“There is a contract civilian agency, that is fed information, that is controlling everything. It’s made up of either former military, high-level government agencies or high-ranking, very knowledgeable scientists. I can almost guarantee you. That’s the way we do it. And disinformation is the biggest thing,” Halt told HuffPost on Friday.

Halt is most disappointed with what he feels has been decades of inaccurate information spread about the Bentwaters incident. This includes the disappearance of key government files concerning the case. In 2011, the UK released thousands of previously classified UFO documents, but the ones pertaining to the Rendlesham Forest sightings mysteriously vanished.

“It doesn’t surprise me at all, because they were probably taken from them by somebody, or sent somewhere by direction. Trust me — that’s the way it works,” Halt said. “It’s very disappointing on one hand, and it’s also frightening. Who knows what else is going on?”

The following segment from a 2007 documentary, “Best Evidence: Top 10 UFO Sightings,” includes a recreation (described by eyewitness Halt) of that eye-shaped glowing object moving through the trees of Rendlesham Forest in 1980 as it appears to drip some sort of molten material.

We asked Halt if a UFO cover-up policy could have been and still is a good decision.

“No, I think we need to know. I think the public can handle it. Let’s face it: If a UFO lands tomorrow in Washington or wherever, you’re still going to pay your mortgage and will still go to work. You’ll still put gas in your car, unless something dramatic happens.”

nailingit
    Participant

nailingit
    Participant

[The Airship] looked like a great black cigar with a fishlike tail….The body was at least 100 feet long and attached to it was a triangular tail, one apex being attached to the main body. The surface of the airship looked as if it were made of aluminum, which exposure to wind and weather had turned dark….The airship went at tremendous speed. As it neared Lorin it turned quickly and disappeared in the direction of San Francisco. At half past 8 we saw it again, when it took about the same direction and disappeared.

— Case Gilson, reported in the Oakland Tribune, Dec 1, 1896.

roger
    Participant

I know people who saw this one.

http://tvblogs.nationalgeographic.com/2010/08/05/the-truth-behind-ufos-over-phoenix/

“But not everyone bought that official story, particularly when it came to the original sighting. The most conspicuous critic of the military-flares explanation was former Arizona Gov. Fife Symington, himself a former Air Force pilot, who was among the thousands of people who saw the lights. In 2007, Symington and 14 other former government officials who also claimed to have knowledge of UFOs held a panel discussion at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. Before the event, Symington wrote a provocative CNN commentary, in which he described what he saw in detail.

“I witnessed a massive delta-shaped craft silently navigate over Squaw Peak, a mountain range in Phoenix, Arizona. It was truly breathtaking. I was absolutely stunned because I was turning to the west looking for the distant Phoenix Lights.

“To my astonishment this apparition appeared; this dramatically large, very distinctive leading edge with some enormous lights was traveling through the Arizona sky.”

luvithere
    Participant

Ok, guys, I see no real conversation since we broke into all these topics. Way too disjointed, all over the place, not much going on.

Love to stay on but….can’t jump around like this. Do not like it at all.

nailingit
    Participant

Take care luvit.

Feel free to beam on up once in awhile.

nailingit
    Participant

roger @ 11:15

“L” shaped UFO reported years earlier.Who knows, maybe the same? What’s the Buzz?

luvithere
    Participant

I will, Nails, not saying I am going away. Just do not see much worthwhile posting on.

Drift
    Participant

This new forum thing is compartmentalized is all.
    Navigation is a breeze.

I hit the main page and look at the time stamps. I know I was here ‘N’ hours ago, if I don’t see something posted since then I go back to carpet cleaning, yard work, pitching shoes… If I do, a quick click takes me a little deeper to see what-where.

Easy-peasy.

And as far as “much worthwhile” … that hasn’t changed from the old forum, luvey.
    This here would serve as a perfect example. Heh.

roger
    Participant

My fellow Americans… Wow! Okay, thats the first thing I have to say is just WOW! By now, I’m sure you’ve all heard the nefarious rumors about Barack Obama that your mom has read about in her forwarded e-mails. YES, its true that he refuses to salute the flag or sing the national anthem or recite the pledge of allegiance! YES, its true that he wouldn’t wear the pin with the American flag on it! YES, it is TRUE that his middle name is Hussein! HUSSEIN! You just don’t get any more terroristy than that, people. A liberal terrorist.. my God!! YES, its true that he hates apple pie and baseball! TRUE, ALL TRUE! But thats not even the worst of it! NO! For today I finally realized whats really going on and its much much worse.. Barack Obama is a freakin’ alien!!!!! (!!!!!!!) *screams* http://www.obamaisanalien.com/

(Just google any bizarre idea – more often than not, someone else has thought of it already.)

roger
    Participant

http://www.stopobamain2012.net/OBAMA-S-ALIEN-ALLIANCE.html

RUMORS ARE RAMPANT IN WASHINGTON, AFTER AN UNAUTHORIZED WHITE HOUSE LEAK CONFIRMED THAT PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA HAS BEEN WORKING WITH REPRESENTATIVES FROM A PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN ALIEN SOCIETY FROM A DISTANT PLANET IN THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY SINCE THE EARLY DAYS OF HIS FIRST TERM IN OFFICE. THIS SOURCE SAID THAT TOP SCIENTIST FROM WHAT WE SHALL CALL PLANET “X” ADVISED THE PRESIDENT THAT THE EARTH WAS ON THE VERGE OF DESTRUCTION BECAUSE OF THE UNREGULATED BURNING OF FOSSIL FUELS. TOP EPA OFFICIALS WORKING WITH THE ALIENS HAVE WORKED OUT A SOLUTION THAT WOULD NOT ONLY STOP, BUT REVERSE THE EFFECTS OF GLOBAL WARNING. THE PLAN CALLS FOR THE IMMEDIATE EXTERMINATION OF 99% OF THE WORLDS POPULATION AND THE RELOCATION OF THE REMAINING 1% TO ALIEN CONTROLLED RESERVATIONS WHERE THE ALIENS WILL MAKE SURE ALL OF THEIR NEEDS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR, MUCH LIKE THE NATIVE AMERICANS IN THE 19TH CENTURY. CRADLE TO GRAVE CARE WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE GREAT GREEN ALIEN FATHER WHO WILL BE ASSISTED BY A SELECT GROUP OF NATIVE EARTHLINGS. AS OF THIS TIME, THE PRESIDENT HAS NOT DENIED OR CONFIRMED THESE RUMORS. HOWEVER, WHEN WHITE HOUSE SPOKESMAN, JAY CARNEY WAS ASKED ABOUT THIS HE SAID THE GOAL OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY HAD ALWAYS BEEN CRADLE TO GRAVE CARE FOR ALL AMERICANS REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, CREED OR NATIONAL ORIGIN.

joke (I think)

nailingit
    Participant

nailingit
    Participant

NASA finds ‘Earth’s bigger, older cousin’

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/23/us/feat-nasa-kepler-planet-discovery/

nailingit
    Participant

nailingit
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.