People in business
• Alma J. Garcia joined Southwest Washington Medical Center. Garcia will provide rehabilitation care in the treatment of all conditions related to the brain, muscles and bones.
• Governor Chris Gregoire appointed June Canty to a second four-year term on the Washington Professional Educator Standards Board. Canty is an education professor and director of the College of Education at Washington State University Vancouver. Canty will serve as vice chairwoman and as a member of both the executive committee and the strategic planning committee.
New business news
• Jim Holder and Janine Holder, both CPAs, have formed Holder & Holder, CPAs in Vancouver. They will provide accounting and payroll services, business and personal tax services and small business and not-for-profit consultations. * 360-695-4634, http://www.holder-cpa.com.
• Steve Taylor has been named managing director of Maul Foster & Alongi Inc. Taylor will continue in his role as the company’s chief financial officer. MFA is a planning, landscape architecture, engineering and environmental consulting firm. * http://www.maulfoster.com.
• Bonnie Reif has opened Firefly Atelier at 309 E. 15th St., Suite C. Reif, Firefly’s artistic director, has received training in salons in California, London and Paris. She offers a 16-week training program for new stylists to further their technique. * 360-696-1111.