What’s Open and What’s Closed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Monday, January 18, 2010
• MAIL: Post offices closed. No home delivery except for Express Mail. The postal unit inside the Shell gas station at Fisher’s Landing, 16320 S.E. Cascade Park Drive, is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
• GARBAGE: Trash and recycling collection on regular schedule in Vancouver and most of Clark County. In Camas, trash and recyclables will be picked up with Tuesday’s collections.
Both transfer stations open regular hours, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• PUBLIC SCHOOLS: No classes.
• COLLEGES: No classes at Clark College and Washington State University Vancouver.
• GOVERNMENT: City, county, state and federal offices closed. Washington Legislature in session.
• LIBRARIES: Camas Public Library and all libraries and bookmobiles in the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District closed.
• BUSES: C-Tran follows regular schedule; C-Tran administration offices closed.
TriMet follows a special schedule: Some buses are on regular weekday schedules; MAX light-rail and other buses are operating on Saturday schedules; a few bus lines are not in service. Check http://trimet.org or 503-238-7433 for specifics.
Portland Streetcar is operating on its regular weekday schedule.
• PARKING: Meters in downtown Vancouver and Portland are free.
• DRIVER LICENSING: Offices closed.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Offices closed.
• EMISSIONS TESTING: Stations closed.
• LIQUOR STORES: Most state-run stores open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• BANKS: Most closed. Some in-store branches may be open.
• FINANCIAL MARKETS: New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq and other markets closed.
• ANIMAL SHELTER: Humane Society for Southwest Washington open regular hours: noon to 5:30 p.m. for pet adoptions, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. for animal receiving and lost-pet retrieval.
• OREGON ZOO: Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• WESTFIELD VANCOUVER MALL: Open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Offices open regular hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Circulation lines, 360-694-2312, open 4:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.