City of Vancouver employees are gearing up to consolidate their departments into the new City Hall building at 415 W. Sixth St., meaning those with city business may need to double-check where they need to go.
Five city buildings will be vacated as part of this consolidation:
• Current City Hall, 210 E. 13th St. (closed Aug. 25).
• Esther Short building, 610 Esther St. (closed Aug. 12).
• Community planning offices, 1610 C St. (vacated in June).
• CVTV cable TV building, 202 E. Mill Plain Blvd. (closed Aug. 25).
• Community Development Department and Permit Center, 4400 N.E. 77th Ave. (closed Aug. 19).
Police, Fire, Public Works, and Utilities will all remain in the same location.
The moving dates for city departments are as follows:
• Aug. 9: City attorney’s office, community development block grant program/parks foundation.
• Aug. 12: Financial and management services/procurement/customer service.
• Aug. 19: Community development department/permit center/parking.
• Aug. 25: City manager’s office and city council chambers, city mail room, CVTV.
Parks and recreation administration, human resources, general services (facilities/risk services) and information technology are already in the new building.
The last city council meeting at the old City Hall will be Aug. 22, with the first city council meeting in the new City Hall set for Sept. 12. A dedication and open house will be from noon to 3 p.m. Sept. 17.