Clark County business briefs
Sunday, August 7, 2011
People in business
• Director of gift planning for the Fort Vancouver National Trust, Tom Bashwiner, is retiring. Attorney Jennifer Kampsula has been hired to succeed him in the position beginning Aug. 9. Bashwiner’s accomplishments during his tenure with the Trust include helping establish the organization’s charitable gift annuity program. Kampsula has worked for the Portland law firm Kell, Alterman & Runstein LLP since 1999. Her background includes receiving the Trust’s 2004 General George C. Marshall Public Leadership Award.
• Jeremy Lewallen has joined accounting firm Schiller & Company P.C., 606 S.E. 117th Ave., Suite 100, as a certified public accountant. Lewallen has an undergraduate degree in accounting and information systems and a Masters of Business Administration from Oregon State University. He received his CPA license in 2009. Lewallen specializes in tax and consulting services with an emphasis in real estate for small and medium-sized business.
• REDpoint International Inc. has appointed Ron Merryman chief executive officer. He will be responsible for guiding the company’s growth and development as it brings a portfolio of medical products to the market. Merryman received his education at Lewis and Clark College and has 30 years experience. The Vancouver-based company is a privately held medical device company formed in March of 2008 by president Chuck Nokes and co-founders Valerie Vance and Ron Ames.
• Neil Kelly Company has promoted Suzie Atkin to designer and consultant after spending five years as a designer associate with the company. Before joining Neil Kelly in 2007, Atkin earned her bachelor’s degree in interior design from Brigham Young University — Idaho. Neil Kelly was established in 1947 and has earned a reputation for innovative new home and remodeling design and quality workmanship.
• Vancouver native Gillian Frew, a 2011 graduate of Whitman College in Walla Walla, has joined the staff of her alma mater as the interim media relations officer. Her parents are Jon Frew and Barbara Bower of Vancouver.
• The board of directors of Northwest Permanente, the physicians group that provides medical care to Kaiser Permanente members, has named Dr. Jeffrey A. Weisz president and executive medical director. He will oversee 1,100 physicians. Weisz is board certified in oncology and internal medicine.
Other business briefs
• Country Financial has received an A-plus rating for year-end 2010 from Weiss Ratings. According to the rating, Country is an outstanding insurer with exceptional financial strength that offers excellent financial stability for its clients, representatives and employees. Weiss Ratings, formerly TheStreet.com, is an independent research and ratings agency that evaluates the financial strength of more than 850 life and annuity insurers and 2,5000 property-casualty insurers.
• Cascade Title Co. has moved to 404 E. 15th St., Suite 12. Cascade is a locally owned, independent agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Co. and Westcor Land Title Insurance Co. * 360-695-1301.