OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — The United Football League will go ahead with its third season, despite losing more than $100 million in its first two years.
Commissioner Michael Huyghue wrote “we will play” in a text message to The Associated Press on Tuesday night.
Huyghue said the league will announce details Wednesday.
The UFL on July 19 announced it would push back the start of its training camps a month and delay the start of the season from August to September. That fueled speculation the second-tier pro league would fold.
It remains unclear whether the UFL will continue with four or five teams. Hartford Colonials coach Jerry Glanville said last month that his team was being considered for contraction. He said Tuesday night that he still hadn’t been told whether the Colonials would play.