Clark County business briefs
Sunday, August 14, 2011
People in business
• E. Hunt Coracci has joined Martel Wealth Advisors Inc. in Vancouver as director of business development and consulting. Hunt will develop new client prospects and work with existing clients in investment advisory services and business consulting. Investment advisory services are offered through KMS Financial Services Inc.
• Larry Gifford has joined Vancouver-based HDJ Design Group as a traffic engineer. Gifford’s background includes 34 years of design experience with the Washington State Department of Transportation, where he worked on interchange projects. HDJ Design Group provides civil engineering, planning, landscape architecture and surveying services.
• IBM has recognized Vancouver resident Bruce Elgort as one of 50 global individuals that shed good light on the company as contributors to the community. Elgort was honored for his work as the current chairman of the nonprofit OpenNTF Inc., an open-source community supporting IBM. He also co-hosts “The Taking Notes” podcast.
• Landerholm P.S. has announced attorney T. Randall Grove has been named to the Washington State Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in Washington for 2011. Grove has been chosen as a Washington Super Lawyer every year since 2005. He has been with the Landerholm firm since 1982.
• The Free Clinic of Southwest Washington has chosen Carolyn Noack as its new dental program manager. Noack has been working in dental practices for the past 30 years as a registered dental hygienist. The Free Clinic provides free, compassionate, quality health care to children and adults who are otherwise unable to access such services.
• BBL Architects, formally Architects Barrentine. Bates.Lee AIA, have recently added three new principals: Lisa Murphy, Christine Magana and Doug Pruitt. Murphy is an interior designer and a graduate of the University of Oregon’s interior design program. She has been with the firm for more than 10 years. Magana has been with the firm since 1996 and is a 1993 graduate of the University of Oregon. She specializes in educational design. Pruitt has 22 years of experience and has been with the firm for 14 years. He will oversee operations in the Vancouver office. The company was founded in 1976 and has offices in Lake Oswego, Ore., and Vancouver.
• Robin Yager-Brown has joined Davidson Insurance of Vancouver as a commercial insurance account manager. She will provide insurance services for businesses and professionals. Yager-Brown has eight years’ experience in the insurance industry.
• BB&T Corporation has promoted Dustin Van Weerdhuizen to vice president. He is a private financial services team director in the Wealth Solutions Center, 5130 Parkway Plaza Blvd. Van Weerdhuizen joined the bank in 2007. With $159 billion in assets, BB&T is one of the largest financial services holding companies in the U.S.