Woman inhales smoke when car catches fire
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
A woman was transported to an area hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation after her Ford Focus caught on fire in Northeast Hazel Dell on Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters from Fire District 6 responded to reports of a vehicle fire near the Les Schwab at 917 N.E. Minnehaha St. just before 2 p.m.
The driver saw flames coming from the hood of her car and couldn’t brake, so turned the car in to the curb to stop it, said Dawn Johnson, spokeswoman for Clark County Fire District 6.
She was transported to Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center.