People in business
• Helen Devery, who oversees Federal Way-based BergerABAM’s Vancouver office, has been promoted to vice president. Devery is one of 10 vice presidents at the consulting firm. BergerABAM is a consulting firm that offers services in multiple areas, including civil and structural engineering, land-use planning and construction management.
• Todd Stryker, who works at First Pacific Associates, has completed the master’s degree program in financial planning at the College for Financial Planning. Stryker earned his certified financial planner designation in 2006.
• Maria Cheeseman of Vancouver has won top honors from Lia Sophia in the jewelry sales firm’s Excellent Beginnings program, which recognizes accomplishment in an advisor’s first 15 weeks.
Other business news
• RSV Building Solutions has broken ground for a new facility for Share, a nonprofit group that provides services to homeless and hungry Clark County residents. The Vancouver-based commercial construction company specializes in assisting nonprofit organizations with new construction. The former Timber Lanes Bowling Alley will be converted into Share’s headquarters.
• Straub’s Funeral Home in Camas will host an open house Aug. 25 to celebrate 100 years in business. The original owner was Wilmer Swank who operated Swank’s Funeral Home beginning July 1, 1911. The name was changed when Jacob and Margaret Straub took over operations around 1952. Chris and Wendi Dierickx assumed ownership of the funeral home, 325 N.E. Third Ave., on Jan. 1. Refreshments will be served from 4 to 6 p.m.
Autumn Lonstad has opened Autumn’s Auto Lube at 14015 S.E. Mill Plain Blvd. The shop offers oil changes and minor mechanical work. Appointments are not needed. Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. 360-433-9611.