Fire destroys house in Amboy

By Mark Bowder, Columbian Assistant Metro Editor



Fire consumed a home in Amboy on Saturday.

Crews from Fire District 10 responded to a report of a structure fire at 38507 N.E. 124th Ave. at 4:16 p.m. Saturday.

Fire crews responding to the call radioed in that they could see a plume of smoke as they left the station. Upon arriving, they reported the house was fully involved.

Fire District 10 Battalion Chief Gordon Brooks said the house and its contents were a total loss. An investigation into the fire is under way.

No injuries were reported.

County property records show the house is owned by Richard and Debra Wells.

Personnel from Fire District 13, Clark County Fire and Rescue and North Country EMS also responded.

Don't Do Stupid Stuff Mugs