Crews extinguish house fire north of Orchards
Originally published August 31, 2011 at 10:35 a.m., updated August 31, 2011 at 11:47 a.m.
Vancouver firefighters Wednesday morning extinguished an electrical fire in a home north of Orchards.
The fire started in the breaker box in the home’s garage.
Crews responded to the fire just after 9:30 a.m. at the single-story home at 15402 N.E. 96th St. The fire was contained just after 10 a.m., said Vancouver fire Capt. Dave James.
When firefighters arrived on scene, they thought the fire might have spread to the home’s attic, but it turned out there was only smoke venting through the roof, James said.
Structure damage to the home was minimal.
The fire burned a small area of the wall and ceiling in the garage. There was no smoke damage inside the home, James said.
“I think they’ll be able to reasonably repair it,” he said. “The house was being remodeled anyway.”
No one was injured in the blaze. A damage estimate was not available.
The house is owned by George and Marcia Wessitsh, according to county property records.