Small fire near barn damages chairs
Friday, December 2, 2011
Officials are investigating a small fire that charred a couple of chairs outside a pole barn at a home in the 2700 block of Northeast 187th Avenue.
The fire was initially reported as a structure fire around 8:30 a.m.
Clark County sheriff’s deputies who arrived first radioed that the fire appeared to be out but a few items were smouldering.
Fire officials canceled response for extra units and allowed Engine 10, from nearby the Pacific Park fire station, to continue to the scene.
“When crews arrived, there was a couple smoldering chairs next to the wall of the barn,” said Kevin Stromberg, a spokesman for the Vancouver Fire Department. “The fire was basically out when they got there.”
Firefighters sprayed water on the chairs to extinguish the fire, which caused some damage to the outside of the barn.
The Clark County Fire Marshal is investigating.