Hoquiam toddler overdoses on narcotic pill

Published:

 

HOQUIAM, Wash. (AP) -- A 1-year-old Hoquiam girl was sickened by taking a narcotic pill her parents had bought on the street.

She was treated Sunday at Grays Harbor Community Hospital in Aberdeen and then taken into custody of Child Protective Services along with two other children in the family.

Police Det. Shane Krohn tells KBKW (http://is.gd/5WitU3 ) the toddler found the pill in her mom's purse and suffered the effects for two hours before she was taken to the hospital vomiting.

The parents, ages 24 and 33, admitted buying eight pills off the street and may face charges. The pill is a synthetic narcotic used to treat opiate dependency.

___

Information from: KBKW-AM, http://kbkw.com