Hough building temporary evacuated after dryer fire

By Paul Suarez, Columbian freelance

Published:

 

A building in the Hough neighborhood was temporarily evacuated midday Monday when a fire was reported in its third level.

The fire was reported at 127 W. 25th St. around 1:10 p.m. The Vancouver Fire Department arrived within minutes of the call, according to emergency radio traffic monitored at The Columbian.

Firefighters found a pile of smouldering laundry contained to a dryer, said Capt. Chris Moen, a spokesman for the Vancouver Fire Department.

Firefighters are working to reset the alarms indicating there is probably only light amounts of smoke in the building, Moen said.