ASHLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A homeless man has died after apparently choking on a four-inch piece of steak in Ashland.
The body of 41-year-old Shane B. Jolley was found on a sidewalk by emergency responders on Christmas Eve, the Ashland Daily Tidings reports (http://bit.ly/svM8z0 ).
Members of the homeless community in Ashland say Jolley was well-liked. He died in the Santa suit he wore for the last few weeks leading up to Christmas.
He had been seen on several occasions taking pictures with people who liked his outfit.
Friends who were with him when he died said Jolley died before an ambulance arrived, despite the resuscitative efforts of four people nearby.
Information from: The Ashland Daily Tidings, http://www.dailytidings.com