Clark County business briefs
Sunday, July 24, 2011
People in business
• The East Vancouver Business Association has appointed two new board members. Vicki Grigsby, a vice president and branch manager with West Coast Bank, will hold the position of secretary. Mitch Canton, the director of social marketing for Live! Local Media, will be the director of communications for the Business Association. Live! Local Media runs many popular hyper-local websites, including ClarkCountyLive.com. The association works to promote and support businesses and civic organizations in East Clark County.
• Tidewater Holdings Inc. named Sheryl Blunck as its new human resources manager. Blunck’s responsibilities will consist of planning and directing programs for all human resources areas including staffing, compensation, and labor and employee relations. Blunck earned a bachelor’s degree in social sciences from Vanguard University and a master’s in human resources development from Seattle Pacific University. She is a member of the Society for Human Resources Management.
• Kidder Mathews promoted Brian Hatcher to executive vice president of its commercial real estate brokerage group for the Washington and Oregon region. He will lead the firm’s six brokerage offices from Seattle to Portland, with a focus on strategic business development, as well as recruitment of top brokerage talent for the firm. Hatcher comes from the Bellevue office and has been with Kidder Mathews for the past 15 years of his 27-year brokerage career. Hatcher is well known in the local real estate industry and has represented firms with complex real estate needs such as HAL Real Estate Investments, ChemPoint, PACCAR and Univar.
• Kevin Kussman is the new associate vice president of corporate and continuing education at Clark College. Kussman came to Clark from Hewlett-Packard, where he served as manager-director of the Worldwide Imaging and Printing Group Go-To-Market Talent & Development organization. Kussman earned bachelor’s degrees in business administration and anthropology at the University of Washington and received a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Michigan. Kussman, a resident of Vancouver, is an active volunteer for the Southwest Washington Chapter of the American Red Cross and a member of Clark County’s Amateur Radio Emergency Services team.
New business news
• Theresa Oliver-Philossof and Evangeline Zybell will hold a grand opening of All About Weddings, a bridal shop, at 11:30 a.m. July 29. The store, at 5512 N.E. 109th Court, Suite H, will provide tux rentals and accessories, and sell attire for the entire wedding party. * http://www.allaboutweddingsbridalshop.com; email email@example.com; phone: 360-253-7147.
• Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen has opened a new restaurant at 8722 N.E. Highway 99. The fast-food restaurant serves fried chicken and all the fixings. Hours are 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. It is the first Popeyes in Clark County and is owned by Chaudhry Foods LLC. * http://www.popeyes.com; phone 360-546-0077.
Other business news
• The Audigy Group placed ninth on the Portland Business Journal’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies list. This is the fourth consecutive year the company has made the elite list, achieving a 177.25 percent growth since last year’s award. CEO Brandon Dawson established Audigy Group in 2004 to assist independent audiology practice owners in preserving and growing their businesses.
• Biokleen, manufacturer of natural cleaning products, was recognized in the Portland Business Journal’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies list. To be included in the list this year, businesses must have shown a minimum of 10 percent growth in revenue from 2008-2010. This is the first time Biokleen has been named to the list. Biokleen has been in business more than 21 years, and is family-owned and operated.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published