Clark County garden calendar
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. One- to two-hour seminars and events. Events are free unless noted. Seating is limited, and registration is required. 360-225-8750 or http://tsugawanursery.com.
• Pond Construction: 11 a.m. July 30. Doug King, certified pond specialist, will take you through the process and explain basics and design elements of pond construction.
• Japanese Maples: 11 a.m. Aug. 6. Brian Tsugawa will explain some of the different types of maples and demonstrate tips and techniques.
• Canning and Preserving 101: 1 p.m. Aug. 6. WSU master canners will offer instruction on how to prepare fruits and vegetables and different techniques of canning and preserving.
• Basic Summer Bonsai Care: 11 a.m. Aug. 20. Learn the importance of providing sun protection and the proper way to water and fertilize.
• Bonsai Group: 1 p.m. Aug. 20. Learn tips and techniques from experienced bonsai enthusiasts.
Earth-friendly Gardening Practices Series: 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays through Aug. 9 at Cordwood Classroom on West Biddle Lake at Columbia Springs, 12208 S.E. Evergreen Highway. Class topics include: Identifying and Accommodating Beneficial Species, Aug. 2; and Soil Amendments, Aug. 9. $25 per class. Register http://columbiasprings.org or 360-882-0936, ext. 225.
Native Plants of Western Washington Series: 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays, through Aug. 11 at Cordwood Classroom on West Biddle Lake at Columbia Springs located at 12208 S.E. Evergreen Highway. Class topics include: Plants from Extreme Environments, Aug. 4; and Plants that are Well-suited for Gardens and Landscapes, Aug. 11. $25 per class. Register http://columbiasprings.org or 360-882-0936, ext. 225.
Woodland Farmers Market: 3-7 p.m. Fridays through Sept. 30 at Horseshoe Lake Park in downtown Woodland. Live music through Aug. 12. Market features produce, flowers, crafts, jewelry and pet products.
Weed and Feed Wednesdays: 9 a.m. to noon at Camas Roots Garden, 841 N.E. 22nd Ave., Camas. Volunteers needed to help with weeding, planting and other basic garden maintenance every Wednesday through Aug. 31. 360-314-6267.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. the third Tuesday of every month at Covington House, 4201 Main St. Meetings vary; call for details. 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month at Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. New members and visitors welcome. 360-896-7278.
Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org.