WA man working on plumbing is electrocuted

Published:

 

LEAVENWORTH, Wash. (AP) -- The Chelan County coroner says a 26-year-old Cashmere man working on an orchard home near Leavenworth was electrocuted.

Coroner Wayne Harris tells The Wenatchee World that an autopsy Friday confirmed the cause of Abraham Sierra-Rodriguez's death on Thursday.

Harris says the man was working on a water line under the kitchen of a Leavenworth-area orchard home when he leaned against the siding of the house, which was somehow charged. The coroner says it's not entirely clear where the electricity was coming from.

The Chelan County sheriff's office says Sierra-Rodriguez and his wife and two children had to move out of their rented Cashmere home because it sold. He was working on the plumbing of the other house so they could move in.

___

Information from: The Wenatchee World, http://www.wenatcheeworld.com