Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. One- to two-hour seminars and events. Events are free unless noted. Seating is limited and registration is required. * 360-225-8750 or http://tsugawanursery.com.
• When a Fish Becomes a Pet Named Lucky: 11 a.m. June 4. Let Doug, certified pond specialist, de-mystify filtration systems. Learn it takes to make pets happy and healthy in ponds.
• Tsugawa Kids Club: 11 a.m. June 11. Create an oasis for the fairies, $5 per child.
• Annual Strawberry Social and Sale: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 18. Strawberry shortcake on sale for $1.50 per serving. Sales will benefit Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children. Representatives from CASA will be on hand for questions.
• How to Grow Strawberries: 11 a.m. June 18. Learn the secrets of successful berry planting, growing and maintenance.
• Bonsai Maintenance: 11 a.m. June 18. Learn basics and intricacies of bonsai. Seminar is for beginners to experts.
• Strawberries A-Z: 1 p.m. June 18. Lisa Bradford will demonstrate how to use berries in baking, preserving and freezing in order to keep them present in the landscape and menus year round.
• Bonsai Group: 1 p.m. June 18. Learn tips and techniques from experienced bonsai enthusiasts.
Wildflower Seedball Workshop: 6:30 to 8 p.m. June 6 at Fruit Valley Community Center, 3201 Unander Ave. Mix clay, compost and native wildflower seeds to make seed balls to toss around the yard to create a landscape that supports native pollinators.
Seasonal Feast: 6 p.m. June 10 at Pioneer Grange, 3803 N.E. 199th St. Chef Anna Petruolo, of A Dinner Together, will prepare a feast highlighting the farms of Clark County. Limited number of $25 discounted tickets for chefs and farmers. $60 for couples or $35 per person. * Tickets and information: http://www.myurban-abundance.org/seasonal-feast.
Garden Tool Maintenance: 10 a.m. to noon June 11 at CASEE, 11104 N.E. 149th St., Building B, room 205, Brush Prairie. Learn to clean, sharpen and maintain pruners and loppers in this hands-on workshop. Bring one or two tools or help us renew tools used at the Wildlife Botanical Garden. Class is free to NatureScaping members or $15 for nonmembers. * Register: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Open Garden Tour: Mount Pleasant Iris Farm is opening a national display garden of Japanese irises. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, May 27 to July 17. Free. Five miles east of Washougal on state Highway 14 at Milepost 23. * 360-835-1016 or http://www.mtpleasantiris.com.
Fort Vancouver Rose Society Rose Show: 1 to 5 p.m. June 18 at Vancouver Church of Christ, 9019 N.E. 86th St. View winning roses grown in the Northwest. Free. * 360-696-1331.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. the third Thursday of every month at Covington House, 4201 Main St. Meetings vary; call for details. * 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month at Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. New members and visitors welcome. 360-896-7278.
Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org.