People in business
• Muffy Beeler, an agent at the Portland West branch of Hasson Company Realtors has been named Broker of the Year by the Portland Metro Association of Realtors Million Dollar Club. Beeler has worked in real estate since 1991.
• Kris Krohn received the Valeria Award on May 19 from Affordable Community Environment Board Chairman Bryan Cole of MacKay and Sposito. Krohn is a former ACE board member and current program manager for the Arc of Clark County. The Valeria Award was created in 2009 to honor founding board members and former State Rep. Val Ogden as she left the board after more than 11 years of service.
• Megan Berriman has joined Rebound medical group as human resources director. Prior to joining Rebound, Berriman was a senior human resources consultant for Providence Health Services in Oregon for more than 23 years. She has lived in Vancouver since 1985.
New business news
• Circutus, a software company based in Vancouver by Travis Haagen, has launched EasyAnnotate.com, providing a social e-book platform for websites. EasyAnnotate shifts website reading away from scrolling to an e-book experience with page turns and columns. * http://www.easyannotate.com.
• Fusion Fitness Nutrition, a local fitness center offering a holistic approach to health, will open soon at 2702 N.E. 78th St. The center is owned by Kristine Aadland of Aadland Dental. All services are offered individually or in packages, with no membership agreement required. * http://www.fusionfitnessnutrition.com.
Other business news
• The Southwest Washington Human Resources Management Association has received the EXCEL Gold Award for its 2010 chapter accomplishments. The group was awarded the honor by the Society for Human Resource Management. Founded in 1948, SHRM has more than 250,000 members in more than 140 countries and more than 575 affiliated chapters.
• Alpine Payment Systems, a Vancouver-based company working to eliminate the risk of credit-card fraud through Dine Fraud Free, was acknowledged as a Fastest Growing Private 100 company by the Portland Business Journal. This is the second year in a row for Alpine to be honored for its efforts in the credit industry. The owner, Robert Ensminger, is both CEO and president and active in the community. * http://www.alpinepaymentsystems.com or http://www.dinefraudfree.com.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to email@example.com or fax 360-735-4491. Sales awards are not published.