People in business
• DeLora Walker has been hired as manager of the AAA Washington office in Vancouver. Walker will be responsible for managing the sales and operations for AAA’s full-service travel agency, 4301 E. Fourth Plain Blvd., Vancouver. She has worked in the travel services industry for 25 years and brings experience as a travel agent and travel agency owner. * http://www.aaa.com, 800-562-2582.
• Kelly Cayce of Vancouver has won the Core Value Award from Corwin Beverage. The award honors employees who demonstrate the Ridgefield-based company’s core values of family, customer service, pride, profitability and community involvement. Cayce is the company’s day warehouse lead and has been an employee for 18 years.
• Bob Cossman, owner of Cossman Rehab Tables & Equipment in Battle Ground, has been named Corporate Member of the Year by the 1,000-member Washington State Chiropractic Association.
• Wells Fargo’s Business Banking Group has promoted Alisa Johnston to business banking manager for Clark County. In her new role, Johnston will manage a group of eight team members who serve companies in the Vancouver-Portland metro area with annual sales of between $2 million and $30 million.
• Planning Solutions Inc. elected landscape architect Christopher Baumann president. He replaces founder Daniel George. PSI is a multidiscipline design firm offering consulting services which include architecture, land-use planning and landscape architecture. Baumann joined the firm in 1994 as senior landscape architect and has acted as the lead project manager for planning and landscape architecture projects in both the public and private sector.
New business news
• Sparky’s Pizza opened its first Clark County location, 14300 N.E. 20th Ave., Suite 103, in Salmon Creek’s Crossroads Center. The restaurant serves pizza by the slice, the pie or in a party pack. Hours are 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday and noon to 9 p.m. Sunday. * 360-448-7472 or email@example.com.
Other business news
• K’Syrah, offering appetizers to five-course dinners, is moving up the street to 212 N.E. Fourth Ave., Camas. K’Syrah is adding a happy hour and extending dinner to Thursdays and Saturdays. * http://www.ksyrahcatering.com or 360-833-9429.
• Clark Public Utilities has received LEED Gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council for its new addition at its Ed Fisher Operations Center. LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design and is one of the preeminent certifications for environmental building. To earn the gold designation, the utility integrated energy and water conservation technology throughout the building, which will result in projected annual energy savings of $7,000.
• Lionbridge Technologies Inc. has leased a 34,000-square-foot space in the Columbia Center, which will be PeaceHealth’s corporate headquarters and Hewlett-Packard’s local operations. Lionbridge became interested in the space after signing a five-year contract with HP, according to Paul Carlson, a commercial real estate agent with Portland-based Cushman & Wakefield. Lionbridge is an international firm that provides testing solutions for technology applications and web content.
• Vancouver-based Riverview Community Bank has been named a Top 75 Corporate Philanthropist in Washington for 2011 by the Puget Sound Business Journal. Riverview was the only Southwest Washington-based company to receive the honor. The bank was ranked 15th among medium-sized companies with more than $200,000 in corporate and in-kind giving in Washington.
• Partner in Careers has moved to new, larger offices at 3210 N.E. 52nd St. It was located on West 39th Street. The new 11,000-square-foot office space will provide expanded training rooms and a large meeting room. Clark College and the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs will share space in the building. Partners in Careers provides job training, placement and coaching to people on public assistance, refugees, veterans and low-income seniors. * http://www.partnersincareers.org, 360-696-8417.
• North County Hardware in Amboy is now an authorized sales and servicing dealer of Stihl power equipment. The new equipment line includes saws, trimmers, backpack and hand-held blowers and other outdoor power equipment.
The Columbian welcomes submissions about Clark County residents or businesses, as well as regional business events. Information must be received by noon of the Tuesday preceding the intended Sunday publication date. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 360-735-4491.