Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. One- to two-hour seminars and events. Events are free unless noted. Seating is limited and registration is required. 360-225-8750 or http://tsugawanursery.com.
• Annual Strawberry Social and Sale: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 18. Strawberry shortcake on sale for $1.50 per serving. Sales will benefit Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children. Representatives from CASA will be on hand for questions.
• How to Grow Strawberries: 11 a.m. June 18. Learn the secrets of successful berry planting, growing and maintenance.
• Bonsai Maintenance: 11 a.m. June 18. Learn basics and intricacies of bonsai. Seminar is for beginners to experts.
• Strawberries A-Z: 1 p.m. June 18. Lisa Bradford will demonstrate how to use berries in baking, preserving and freezing in order to keep them present in the landscape and menus year round.
• Bonsai Group: 1 p.m. June 18. Learn tips and techniques from experienced bonsai enthusiasts.
• Herbs: 1 p.m. June 25. Learn which herbs behave and which ones tend to run away, along with how to use them in the landscape.
Lasagna Gardening: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. June 16 at Columbia Springs, 12602 S.E. Evergreen Highway. Hands-on building of a garden using the lasagna method. Free. Registration required. http://www.columbiasprings.org/mcr/classes.html.
Backyard Composting Workshop: 10 a.m. to noon June 18 at CASEE, 11104 N.E. 149th St., Brush Prairie. Visit a composting demonstration site to learn about various ways to make garden compost. Free. Registration required. http://www.columbiasprings.org/mcr/classes.html.
Open Garden Tour: Mount Pleasant Iris Farm has a national display garden of Japanese irises. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through and Sunday, through July 17. Free. Five miles east of Washougal on state Highway 14 at Milepost 23. 360-835-1016 or http://www.mtpleasantiris.com.
Fort Vancouver Rose Society Show: 1 to 5 p.m. June 18 at Vancouver Church of Christ, 9019 N.E. 86th St. Free. 360-696-1331.
Lewis and Clark District Garden Club Standard Flower Show: Noon to 4 p.m. June 18 at Shorty’s Garden and Home, 10006 S.E. Mill Plain Blvd. Judged exhibits will be shown in both horticulture and floral design. Flower arranging demonstrations will be offered by master designers. 360-944-8818.
Grow Vancouver: Where Growers Meet: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. June 21 at Fruit Valley Elementary School, 3410 N.W. Fruit Valley Road. Bring a potluck dish and a garden project or topic. Break off into small groups to see what we can get done. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Solstice Garden Celebration: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 25. A self-guided tour through Harlee’s Gardens, Eastfork Nursery, NatureScaping, Northwest Nursery outlet, Scented Acres Lavender Farm and Sunset View Nursery. A map and details about events and demonstrations will be provided. 360-263-8890 or http://www.specialtynursery.org.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. the third Tuesday of every month at Covington House, 4201 Main St. 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month at Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. 360-896-7278.
Send information to email@example.com.