Man, woman burned by cooking grease in Bremerton
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
BREMERTON, Wash. (AP) -- Two 19-year-olds were seriously burned by hot cooking grease in Bremerton.
The man and woman were airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle Tuesday night with second- and third-degree burns.
KOMO reports the grease caught fire in their kitchen. He was trying to carrying the flaming pot outside when he stumbled going through the front door. He suffered burns to his face, chest and legs. She suffered burns to her legs and feet.
Firefighters responding to a 911 call found them outside and extinguished the fire on their porch.
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/