Starting today, local and state leaders will deliver Civics Week dialogues, sponsored by Clark College’s student government.
The speaker lineup:
• 10 to 11 a.m. today: Penguin Union Building (PUB) Room 161 (Fireside Lounge). Steve Stuart, Clark County commissioner. Refreshments provided.
• 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday: PUB Room 258B. Jim Craven, Clark College economics professor, on how civic engagement helps drive the economy.
• 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday: Ellis Dunn Community Room, Gaiser Hall 213. Sarah Weinberger, Clark College Service Learning and Volunteer Program assistant, on service learning.
• 10 to 11 a.m. Thursday: PUB Room 258A. State Rep. Ann Rivers, R-La Center, on civic engagement. Refreshments provided. (Subject to change based on demands of special legislative session in Olympia.)
• Noon to 2 p.m. Friday: PUB Room 161. Darvin Zimmerman, Clark County District Court judge; and Clark College political science professor Michael Ceriello. Refreshments provided.