Oily rags caused deck fire at Redmond home

Published:

 

REDMOND, Ore. (AP) -- Redmond firefighters say oily rags are a recurring problem after homeowners stain their decks.

Rags that caught fire Tuesday are blamed for a fire that caused $150,000 damage to a home.

Fire Marshal Traci Cooper told KTVZ the homeowner had tried to do everything right and left rags on gravel. But they spontaneously combusted and flames spread to a drop cloth and then to the deck.

___

Information from: KTVZ-TV, http://www.ktvz.com/