The Parks Foundation of Clark County will award $34,642 in support of parks, trails and recreation programs.
The awards will be given at the foundation’s annual luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 14 at the Water Resources Education Center, 4600 S.E. Columbia Way.
The recipients, along with business partners, are:
• The Summer Playground Program in Battle Ground (Riverview Community Bank, $6,000);
• New bleachers for Abrams Park in Ridgefield (Waste Connections Inc., $6,200);
• Kerr Island Park Clean Up and Trail Building Day in Washougal (Columbia Resources Company, $1,600);
• Vancouver-Clark Parks and Recreation’s Everybody Plays! Recreation Scholarship Program (Waste Connections, Inc., $10,000);
• Vancouver-Clark Parks and Recreation Marshall Community Park Nature Play Area construction ($10,000);
• New Tri-Bar Playground Equipment” (Northwest Playground Equipment, Inc., $842).
Florence Wager will announce the recipients of the inaugural Florence B. Wager Awards in recognition of people who have contributed to county parks and recreation programs.
The luncheon is $20 for members, $25 for nonmembers.
Register at http://www.parksfoundation.us.