LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A person with knowledge of the situation says the NCAA has rejected Southern California's appeal to reduce the sanctions imposed last year on its storied football program.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Wednesday because the NCAA isn't expected to announce its decision on the Trojans' penalties until Thursday.
The denial of the appeal was first reported by uscfootball.com.
The Trojans have been told they must serve the second year of a two-year postseason ban, making them ineligible for the first Pac-12 title game this fall. USC also will lose 30 scholarships over the next three years in some of the harshest sanctions leveled against an NCAA football program in a quarter-century.