Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. One- to two-hour seminars and events. Events are free unless otherwise noted. Seating is limited and registration is required. * 360-225-8750 or http://tsugawanursery.com.
• Bringing Life to Your Soil: 11 a.m. May 28. Learn to develop rich and fertile soil to ensure the success of all types of plantings. Making compost will be discussed. n When a Fish Becomes a Pet Named Lucky: 11 a.m. June 4. Let Doug, certified pond specialist, de-mystify filtration systems and learn it takes to make pets happy and healthy in ponds. n Tsugawa Kids Club: 11 a.m. June 11. Create an oasis for the fairies, $5 per child.
• Annual Strawberry Social and Sale: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 18. Strawberry shortcake on sale for $1.50 per serving. Sales will benefit Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children. Representatives from CASA will be on hand for questions.
• How to Grow Strawberries: 11 a.m. June 18. Learn the secrets of successful berry planting, growing and maintenance.
• Bonsai Maintenance: 11 a.m. June 18. Learn basics and intricacies of bonsai. Seminar is for beginners to experts.
• Strawberries A-Z: 1 p.m. June 18. Lisa Bradford will demonstrate how to use berries in baking, preserving and freezing in order to keep them present in the landscape and menus year round.
• Bonsai Group: 1 p.m. June 18. Learn tips and techniques from experienced bonsai enthusiasts.
Growing a Vegetable Garden: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. greenhouse tours and 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. demonstrations May 28 at Lewis and Clark High School, 2901 General Anderson Ave. Learn the correct way to start a vegetable garden using raised beds and other gardening ideas for people with limited space. * 360-313-4350.
Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens meeting: 1 p.m. May 31, 115 South Pekin Road, Woodland. Topic: Review of Lilac Days. Refreshments will be served. * 360-606-7359 or email@example.com.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. the third Thursday of every month at Covington House, 4201 Main St. Meetings vary; call for details. * 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month at Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. New members and visitors welcome. 360-896-7278.
Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org.