Memorial Day holiday closures
Monday, May 30, 2011
What’s open and what’s closed for Memorial Day:
• MAIL: No home delivery Monday except for Express Mail. Post offices closed. The postal unit inside the Shell gas station at Fisher’s Landing, 16320 S.E. Cascade Park Drive, is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
• GARBAGE: Trash and recycling collection follows the regular schedule Monday in Vancouver and most of Clark County. In Camas, Monday’s trash and recyclables will be picked up with Tuesday’s collections.
• PUBLIC SCHOOLS: No classes.
• COLLEGES: No classes at Clark College and Washington State University Vancouver.
• GOVERNMENT: City, county, state and federal offices closed.
• PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Closed Monday.
• BUSES: C-Tran and TriMet follow Sunday schedules on Monday. C-Tran offices closed; call center open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• PARKING: Meters in downtown Vancouver free Monday.
• DRIVER LICENSING: Offices closed Monday.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Offices closed Monday.
• EMISSIONS TESTING: Stations closed Monday.
• LIQUOR STORES: Most state-run stores open Monday.
• BANKS: Most are closed Monday.
• FINANCIAL MARKETS: New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq and other markets closed Monday.
• ANIMAL SHELTER: Humane Society for Southwest Washington closed Monday.
• FORT VANCOUVER NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE: Visitor center and fort open Monday.
• MARSHALL COMMUNITY CENTER: Open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday.
• FIRSTENBURG COMMUNITY CENTER: Open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday.
• OREGON ZOO: Open Monday.
• WESTFIELD VANCOUVER MALL: Open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Columbian offices closed Monday. Circulation line, 360-694-2312, answered from 4:30 a.m. to noon.