Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. One- to two-hour seminars and events. Events are free unless noted. Registration required. 360-225-8750 or http://tsugawanursery.com.
• Winterizing Your Pond: 11 a.m. Nov. 5. Doug King will offer tips for a healthy pond.
• Tabletop Fountains: 11 a.m. Nov. 19. King will demonstrate how to create a tabletop fountain.
• Wreaths and Centerpieces: 1 p.m. Nov. 19. Learn to make holiday wreaths and centerpieces, $25.
• Bonsai Group: 1 p.m. Nov. 19. Learn tips and techniques from experienced bonsai enthusiasts.
• Bonsai Workshop: 3 p.m. Nov. 19. Greg Buel will show how to create and maintain a bonsai tree, $35.
•Winter Birding: 11 a.m. Nov. 26. Dale Combs will give bird-feeding tips that can help both novice and experienced backyard birders make the most of their feeders.
Master Composter and Recycler Composting Workshops: Events are free unless noted. Register: http://www.columbiasprings.org/mcr/classes.html or 360-882-0936, ext. 224.
• Family Wormshop: 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 5, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. Basics of vermicomposting. Worm bin and worms are provided, $35 per family. Children must be at least 5 years old to participate. Registration must have been completed a week prior to class to get worms.
Beyond Rain Barrels: Cisterns and large water-catchment systems: 6:30 to 8 p.m. Nov. 3 at Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. Cisterns can hold the hundreds or thousands of gallons of water that comes off the roof. Experts from Portland Purple Water will discuss design, installation and maintenance of large systems at this free class. Register at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/206851 or 360-397-6060, ext. 5712.
Holiday Centerpiece: 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 19 at CASEE, 11104 N.E. 149th St., Room 205, Brush Prairie. Artist Catherine Miller-Smith will off tips on how to create a holiday centerpiece. Bring a wide container, florist’s foam, wire, tape, decorative piks, wire-edged ribbon and foliage from the yard including mossy twigs, rose hips and evergreen material. Free to NatureScaping members; $15 for nonmembers. Register: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fort Vancouver Rose Society meeting: 7 to 9 p.m. Nov. 3, Clark County Genealogy Annex, 7165 Grand Blvd. Meet rose lovers and learn from the experts. Free. 360-696-1331.
VanRidge Garden Club: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 20 at Pleasant View Church, 801 N.E. 194th St., Ridgefield. Carol Dewald will lead members in making holiday arrangements. Thanksgiving dinner is planned for family and friends. 360-574-7965.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 12:30 to 3 p.m. the third Tuesday of every month, Covington House, 4201 Main St. 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. 360-896-7278.
Send information to email@example.com.