People in business
• iQ Credit Union has added Ed Mosback to the credit’s unions financial services team as a lending compliance officer. Mosback has 40 years experience in financial institutions, most recently with Lacamas Community Credit Union. He lives in Vancouver.
• CB Richard Ellis Group Inc. has added Shilpa Shah, director of project development, and Dorothy Sosnowski, team member, to the Portland office of CBRE Solar and Smart Energy Capital LLC. Shah will focus on development and financing solar power projects for utilities across the United States. Sosnowski also will work on utility-scale solar developments.
• Innovative Services NW has hired Kathy Deschner as vice president of development and marketing. Deschner, a lifelong Clark County resident, has more than 30 years of experience in nonprofit management, fundraising, marketing and community organizing. Innovative Services NW is a Vancouver-based nonprofit that provides a variety of programs and services for the community.
• Timothy Moore, a member of the Attest Service Group of Schiller & Company P.C., has received his state CPA license. Schiller & Company, 606 S.E. 117th Ave., Suite 100, is an accounting firm.
Other business briefs
• Chuck’s Produce has won five 2011 Natural Choice awards. Winners of the Natties are chosen on the basis of popular vote submitted to Natural Awakening Magazine. The Vancouver grocery, 13215 S.E. Mill Plain Blvd., received honors for new business, best organic or vegan eatery, favorite local/eco store, favorite place to buy nutritional supplements and the best place to shop for natural food. * http://www.chucksproduce.com,">www.chucksproduce.com,">http://www.chucksproduce.com, 360-597-2700.
• AARP is seeking volunteers to assist taxpayers with low and moderate incomes and for those 60 and older between Feb. 1 and April 15 in Clark County. Volunteers of all ages and backgrounds are welcome. There is a need for volunteers who are bilingual in English and Spanish. Volunteers will receive training in January using IRS-provided training material and tax software. * http://www.aarp-tax-aide-sw-washington.org,">www.aarp-tax-aide-sw-washington.org,">http://www.aarp-tax-aide-sw-washington.org, 888-687-2277.
• Clark College has earned a 2011 Spotlight Award from the Portland Metro chapter of the Public Relations Society of America. The college was honored Oct. 27 in the event or observance category for the 2011 State of the College address. Barbara Kerr, executive director of communications and marketing, submitted the entry and accepted the award on behalf of the college.
• Bonnie Gougér opened Bleu Door Bakery at 2413 Main St. in mid October. Gouger, a pastry chef, has hired a team of local bakers to help with business. She will offer a variety of pastries, breads and desserts. Blue Door Bakery will also sell espresso, soup and several kinds of sandwiches. Bonnie and her husband, Gary Gougér, own Vancouver winery Gougér Cellars. Bakery hours: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. * 360-693-2538.