Shooting victim also target of poisoning?

Boyfriend held on suspicion of attempted murder




Major Crimes detectives suspect that Michael T. Boswell-, who allegedly shot his girlfriend in the head while she slept on Monday, tried to poison her before that.

Boswell is now being held on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder.

Detectives served a second search warrant at the home where Boswell, 29, and Jessica Fix, 25, were living, an official with Clark County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday. The second search was for evidence of the alleged poisoning at the home where the shooting occurred, 17605 N.E. Lucia Falls Road in Yacolt.

Further details of the alleged poisoning were not available Thursday night.

Fix told police she woke up to pain in the back of her head Monday afternoon. Shot with a .22-caliber revolver, she managed to drive herself to the Fred Meyer in Battle Ground. She then called friends to take her to Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center.

She later was transferred to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland, a regional trauma center.

On Thursday, a spokesman said Fix had been discharged from Emanuel. She was transferred to a third hospital that The Columbian is not identifying out of concerns for her safety.

She has continued to decline signing the paperwork that would allow her name to be listed in the hospitals’ public directories. As a result, under strict federal medical-privacy laws, hospital officials are barred from revealing where she is and her medical condition.

The sheriff’s official said earlier that Fix was conscious and speaking after being shot and detectives were able to interview her that night.

Her injuries aren’t believed to be life-threatening, the official said.

As for Boswell, he said he was trying to commit suicide with the gun and it fired accidentally.

Boswell made a first appearance in Superior Court on Tuesday on suspicion of first-degree domestic violence assault. A jail official said the charge has been amended to reflect the more serious allegation.

His bail initially was set at $1 million, but he now is held without bail because of a detainer from the state of Georgia, where he lived before.