Several sites offer free Thanksgiving meals
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Here’s a roundup of the free Thanksgiving meals being offered around the area today.
• Chronis’ Restaurant and Lounge, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 819 Main St. Full dinner, dessert, non-alcoholic beverages. All welcome.
• Da Kine’s Cafe, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Christ Community Church, 11900 N.E. 95th St., Suite 440 (in the East Ridge Business Park). Complete Thanksgiving meal.
• Lord’s Gym, 1 to 5 p.m., 2410 Grand Blvd. Thanksgiving dinner.
• Share House, 3 to 5 p.m., 1115 W. 13th St. Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, vegetables, rolls, salads and a variety of desserts.
• Knights of Columbus will deliver hot Thanksgiving meals to homebound residents in the Camas-Washougal area, working out of St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church at 324 N.E. Oak St. in Camas. Donations of pies still accepted through this morning. Call the Camas-Washougal Interfaith Treasure House at 360-834-4181 or Al Schmid at 360-835-5346 or the East County Family Resource Center at 360-835-7802 to request a delivery (you’ll be asked the number of people in the household, address and phone number). Volunteer delivery drivers are also needed.