NORTH BEND, Wash. (AP) -- Two people were taken to a hospital from a Thanksgiving night fire at an apartment building in North Bend.
Eastside Fire and Rescue says a 38-year-old woman collapsed in the parking lot and had to be resuscitated. And, a King County sheriff's deputy suffered smoke inhalation.
The fire was discovered by residents who returned home about 8 p.m. and opened their door to smoke and flames.
A total of about four dozen firefighters and officers from several agencies responded.
The Red Cross is helping more than 20 residents who have been displaced.