Woman injured in North Bend apartment fire

Published:

 

NORTH BEND, Wash. (AP) -- A woman was seriously injured in a Thanksgiving night apartment fire in North Bend.

A resident told KIRO-TV (http://is.gd/8cwyoS ) he smelled smoke when he came home about 8:30 p.m., and when he opened the door, the room exploded in fire. He says the injured woman lived in an apartment upstairs.

The Red Cross says it's helping 10 residents of the building from damaged apartments. They're staying in vacant units that were undamaged.

___

Information from: KIRO-TV, htthttp://www.kirotv.com/index.html