2 injured in Medford fire
Sunday, November 27, 2011
MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) -- Officials say two people attempting to make hashish in a Medford bathroom were injured Saturday when the room erupted in flames.
The Mail-Tribune says (http://bit.ly/vc0056 ) 27-year-old Clayton Morgan and a 23-old woman suffered burns. They were treated at Rogue Valley Medical Center.
Medford Fire Inspector Derek Zwagerman says Morgan was making hashish in his bathtub when an electric heater kicked on and ignited the butane gas he was using to heat the drug. Several others in the home escaped harm.
Medford police Sgt. Tom Ianieri says Morgan was cited on investigation of assault, manufacturing of a controlled substance and other charges.