Blaze damages newly-opened Portland restaurant
Sunday, November 27, 2011
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A fire started by a faulty electrical circuit in the wall has damaged a North Portland restaurant that opened in November.
Portland Fire and Rescue Lt. Rich Tyler says the Sunday morning blaze caused $100,000 in damages to Interurban Tavern. No injuries were reported.
Tyler says the fire had started in an outside wall of the building and traveled up through open spaces inside the wall to the attic where the fire grew bigger.
The Oregonian says (http://bit.ly/tfMqqs ) restaurant owners include Dan Hart, Portland chef John Gorham and restaurateur Kurt Huffman. Hart says they hope to reopen the restaurant as quickly as possible.
Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com