$450,000 loss in Toppenish farm shop fire
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
TOPPENISH, Wash. (AP) -- Losses are estimated at $450,000 in a farm shop fire near Toppenish that burned several tractors.
Yakima County Fire District No. 5 says the fire started Monday afternoon when gasoline from a vehicle under repair came in contact with a work lamp. The light bulb exploded. Flames spread rapidly.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports (http://is.gd/NEU6T5 ) several workers inside the shop safely escaped.
Information from: Yakima Herald-Republic, http://www.yakimaherald.com