Columbus Day closures
Sunday, October 9, 2011
What’s open and what’s closed on Monday, Columbus Day:
• FEDERAL OFFICES AND COURTS: Closed Monday for Columbus Day, one of 10 federal holidays.
• STATE OFFICES: Open.
• COUNTY OFFICES: Open.
• MAIL: Most post offices closed. No home delivery except for Express Mail. The postal unit inside the Shell gas station at Fisher’s Landing, 16320 S.E. Cascade Park Drive, is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
• GARBAGE: Collection on regular schedule.
• RECYCLING: West Van Materials Recovery Center, Central Transfer and Recycling Center open.
• PUBLIC SCHOOLS: Open.
• LIBRARIES: Open.
• BUSES: C-Tran and TriMet on regular schedules.
• DRIVER’S LICENSING: Open.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Auto licensing offices open.
• VEHICLE EMISSIONS: Test stations open.
• CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES: Offices open. For 24-hour customer service, call 360-992-3000. For outages or emergencies, call 360-992-8000.
• LIQUOR STORES: Most state-operated stores open.
• BANKS: Most closed; some branches will be open. Check specific bank for details.
• FINANCIAL MARKETS: New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq and other markets open.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Offices open.