People in business
• Eric Petracca has been appointed to the newly created position of vice president of marketing for Lacamas Community Credit Union. Petracca, a Camas resident, has been a Lacamas employee for more than seven years, most recently as director of operations. The credit union also appointed Kelly Kamhoot as vice president of member services, overseeing services in the credit union’s six branches and call center. The former Lacamas branch manager and his family live in Oregon City, Ore.
• The American Heart Association has named Jenni Dingeldein business development director of its Portland-Vancouver metro-area team. Dingeldein will be responsible for developing and managing corporate relationships in support of the annual Heart & Stroke Walk, the association’s largest fund-raising event.
• Stewart Luckman has been appointed to a new position as precast sales director at Columbia Machine Inc. Luckman, who has been with the company for two years, will focus on increasing Columbia’s batch plant and mixer sales within the various precast, prestressed and concrete-pipe markets.
• Sophie Rollins, a physician assistant, and Michael Colby, a physical therapist, recently joined Rebound’s Salmon Creek office. While in school, Rollins focused her studies in orthopedic surgery with an emphasis in pediatrics and sports medicine. Colby’s specialty is the spine, knee and shoulder. Rebound has offices at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, Legacy Salmon Creek Health Center and in Portland’s Rose Quarter.
• Susan Chambers has been recognized for insurance industry leadership. The Society of Certified Insurance Counselors recently honored Chambers of Davidson Insurance of Vancouver for significant commitment to advanced knowledge and customer service. She has been with Davidson for 17 years.
• Life Care Centers of America honored Shannon Smith, executive director of Cascade Park Care Center, 801 S.E. Park Crest Ave., with a northwest division President’s Award. Sixteen awards are presented annually. She has been the director at Cascade Park for six years.
• Dr. John Sobeck has joined Health Net Inc. as medical director for Health Net Health Plan of Oregon. He will be based in Tigard, Ore. The Vancouver resident has been a consultant for the health care group Dell Services for the past two years, working with hospitals and health care systems across the country.
• Ron Wysaske, president and chief operating officer of Riverview Community Bank, was elected as a director of the Community Bankers of Washington board of directors during the group’s annual meeting in September. Wysaske joined the bank in 1976 and has served as president and COO since 2004.
• Scot Walstra has been named vice president of the Cowlitz Economic Development Council, a private nonprofit group operating in Longivew. The longtime Southwest Washington business leader was recently the director of planning and development for the Port of Camas-Washougal. Walstra will work with Cowlitz businesses on retention and expansion cases as well as tieing the Southwest Washington region together by working closely with the Southwest Washington Workforce Development Council.
Other business briefs
• Cascade Park Care Center recently received My InnerView’s Excellence in Action award, a national honor recognizing superior customer service. My InnerView is a third-party company that distributes satisfaction surveys to customers of nursing homes around the country. Cascade scored above its peer group in almost all areas. In the areas of care and concern of staff, nursing care and respectfulness of staff, 100 percent of responses scored the facility as excellent or good.
• Dr. Allen Gabriel, a Vancouver-based plastic surgeon and advocate for women’s breast reconstruction rights, has sponsored a new website to help inform women about their legal access to reconstruction consultation and surgery following mastectomy. The site, MyReconstructionRights.com outlines the many legal rights women have after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
• Dr. Todd Berinstein has opened a new practice, ENTOffice.org, at 2101 N.E. 139th St., No. 285, near Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center. Berinstein, will offer surgery at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, Legacy Emmanuel and Salmon Creek hospitals. Berinstein has provided specialty ear, nose and throat care since 1997.
• FloresFitness LLC has opened at 10818 N.E. Coxley Drive, Suite C. The gym offers TRX suspension training, sport yoga and mixed martial art strength and conditioning. * 360-609-7564.