Girlfriends run through downtown
Monday, October 10, 2011
More than 3,000 local women will toe the line this weekend for the Girlfriends Half Marathon to benefit Susan G. Komen for a Cure.
The half marathon sold out for the fifth year in a row with 3,200 walkers and runners. The 13.1-mile race will begin at 9 a.m. Sunday at Northwest Personal Training, 1011 Broadway, in Vancouver.
The community is invited to come out and cheer on the runners and walkers. The post-race celebration includes a live band and health fair with local vendors.
Participants will finish at Northwest Personal Training.
Here's the course route:
· Run West on 11th
· South (Left) on Esther
· East (Left) on 4th Street
· South (Right) on Columbia Street
· Continue East along Waterfront Trail towards Beaches Restaurant
· North along trail b/w Beaches & McMinnimins Restaurants
· North on Columbia Shores Blvd to lights:
· East (Right) on Columbia Way at lights to Marine Park and along waterfront Trail to Wintler Park
· Turn around at Wintler Park and back along Waterfront trail
· Turn Left at Columbia Way and Columbia Shores (at the lights)
· Turn Right at Columbia River Drive with a quick left back onto the pathway b/w McMinnimins and Beaches
· Turn Right at the Riverfront pathway in front of Beaches
· Continue running West along waterfront trail
· Turn right at the Confluence Bridge Trail Entrance
· Turn right at 5th Ave
· Turn right onto Pearson Airport Trail
· Turn Left (East) onto trail along Columbia Shores Blvd in front of the Kiewet Building
· Turn Left (North) onto Grand Street along trail/sidewalk
· Turn Left (West) onto 5th Street
· Turn Right (North) onto roadway through middle of Fort Vancouver
· Turn Left (West) onto Officer’s Row pathway
· Cross Evergreen at Fort Vancouver Way to get onto North side of Evergreen and continue traveling West
· Turn Right (North) on Main & Evergreen
· Turn Right (East) onto 11th Street
· Finish: On 11th (between Main and Broadway)
For more information about the event, visit: http://www.nwpersonaltraining.com/subs/events/event_details.php?event_id=142.