Tsugawa Nursery: 410 E. Scott Ave., Woodland. One- to two-hour seminars and events. Events are free unless noted. Registration is required. • 360-225-8750 or http://tsugawanursery.com.
• Create Your Own Bonsai: 11 a.m. Oct. 15. Learn how the process begins. Arrive early to pick out supplies. $35.
• Bonsai Group: 1 p.m. Oct. 15. Tips from experienced bonsai enthusiasts.
• Pruning Japanese Maples: 11 a.m. Oct. 22. Learn the tips and techniques to get the most from Japanese maples.
• Winterizing Your Pond: 11 a.m. Nov. 5. Doug King will teach the steps to ensure a healthy pond.
• Tabletop Fountains: 11 a.m. Nov. 19. Doug King will demonstrate how to create a tabletop fountain.
• Wreaths and Centerpieces: 1 p.m. Nov. 19. Lisa Bradford will lead a class on holiday wreaths and centerpieces. Leave with a wreath or centerpiece. $25.
• Bonsai Group: 1 p.m. Nov. 19. Learn tips and techniques from experienced bonsai enthusiasts.
• Bonsai Workshop: 3 p.m. Nov. 19. Greg Buel will show you how to create a little work of art to take home. $35.
Urban Growers Market: 4-8 p.m. Oct. 14, One World, 2315 Main St. Market features backyard growers, farmers, food vendors and local artisans. • 360-737-8298 or http://urbangrowersmarket.com.
Master Composter and Recycler Composting Workshops: Events are free unless noted. Registration is required. • http://www.columbiasprings.org/mcr/classes.html or 360-882-0936, ext. 224.
• Family Wormshop: 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 15, Columbia Springs, 12208 S.E. Evergreen Highway; and 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 5, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. The basics of vermicomposting. Worm bin and worms are provided. Children must be at least 5 years old to participate. Preregistration must be made a week prior to class to get worms, $35 per family.
Grow Winter Vegetables and Prepare the Garden for Winter: 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 15 at CASEE, 11104 N.E. 149th St., room 205, Brush Prairie. Learn techniques for a successful, extended gardening season, frost dates, seed for overwintering vegetables and improving the garden for the spring season. Free to NatureScaping members; $15 for nonmembers. • Register: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Chrysanthemum Show: Noon to 5 p.m. Oct. 29 and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 30. Presentation by Sogetsu School of Ikebana at 2 p.m. Oct. 29. Plants and blooms will be for sale at the event at Clark Public Utilities Building Community Room, 1200 Fort Vancouver Way. Show entries must be submitted from 1 to 6 p.m. Oct. 28. Show admission is free.
Camas-Washougal Community Garden Club: 1 p.m. Oct. 26 at Camas Community Center, 1718 S.E. Seventh St., Camas. Gardeners welcome. • 360-210-8012.
Vancouveria Garden Club: 12:30 to 3 p.m. the third Tuesday of every month, Covington House, 4201 Main St. • 360-936-6515.
Vancouver Chrysanthemum Society: 2:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month, Heritage Farm, 1919 N.E. 78th St. • 360-896-7278.
Send information to email@example.com.