EVERETT, Wash. (AP) -- A fire has destroyed a childcare center located in a residential neighborhood of Everett.
A Snohomish County fire spokeswoman says no one was injured in the blaze reported Sunday night around 9:15 p.m. Damage to the building was expected to total more than $450,000.
Leslie Hynes says firefighters arrived to find the building engulfed in flames. She says they had the main body of the fire under control within about an hour but a ruptured natural gas line in the front of the structure continued to burn another couple hours. A Puget Sound Energy crew was eventually able to pinch off the gas supply to the childcare center.
The Snohomish County Fire Marshal's office is investigating the fire.