Man sentenced in Oregon road rage case

He's already serving time for similar incident in Vancouver




A Vancouver man who’s been convicted in a pair of road rage incidents, and who has been bouncing from state to state for trials, was sentenced recently for some crimes that occurred in Oregon.

A Washington County Circuit Court judge on Aug. 26 found Christopher P. Partridge, 29, guilty of unlawful use of a weapon and menacing.

Partridge was sentenced to 24 months for the weapons charge and six months for menacing, a Washington County Jail official said Tuesday.

On Tuesday, Partridge was being held in the Clark County Jail in Vancouver pending a trip to Stafford Creek Corrections Center in Aberdeen, a jail official said.

The new sentences are likely to be served at the same time as his 11-year prison sentence imposed in Clark County.

Partridge was sentenced in 2008 for first-degree assault in that case.

On Sept. 18, 2007, Partridge was driving home from work through Hillsboro, Ore., when he began chasing a teenage couple driving on Oregon Highway 26. He had reportedly been upset at the driver for tailgating him.

The teenagers got off the highway in an attempt to get away from him, but Partridge followed them, Hillsboro police reported after the incident.

Partridge allegedly pulled up next to them at a stoplight at the intersection of Northwest Evergreen Parkway and Cornelius Pass Road and showed a gun, police said. The teens ducked down and drove off when the light turned green. Partridge then stopped following them.

The Iraq War veteran’s post-traumatic stress disorder also played a significant role in his Clark County trial.

Testimony in that trial indicated that after driving into Vancouver, Partridge became enraged when a woman unintentionally cut him off as she was trying to exit state Highway 500 onto the Thurston Way offramp at about 8 p.m. He pulled into the lane next to the driver, grabbed a handgun and fired one shot.

The bullet penetrated the car’s door. The woman and her daughter were not injured.

The shooting occurred about an hour after the Hillsboro incident, officials said.

John Branton: 360-735-4513 or