Seattle house fire smoke sends man to hospital
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
SEATTLE (AP) -- Investigators say a north Seattle house fire that sent a man to a hospital with smoke inhalation and killed two dogs started accidentally.
The Fire Department says the cause appears to be either faulty electrical cords or a portable space heater.
Flames were shooting from the windows and doors when firefighters arrived early Wednesday and found a man in his 60s in the front yard. He was taken Harborview Medical Center.
Property damage is estimated at $175,000.